What are they good for?
- Allows access to technology such as laptops, tablets and mobile phones, where and when required. They enable users to borrow fully charged devices for set periods.
- An automated service that allows students or staff members to borrow devices using MIFARE®, barcode, magnetic stripe and biometric identification methods.
- Allows a ‘mix and match’ of devices in one location giving the opportunity to either borrow a laptop or similar device or to just borrow a charging locker space for personal devices. (BYOD – Bring Your Own Device.)
Where are they used?
- Various locations, including libraries, learning resource centres, cafés, reception areas, offices, warehouses, shops, hospitals and classrooms.
- With multiple colour combinations available, the Diplomat™ can fit into any environment or complement your own surrounding and branding.
- Made of steel to ensure devices are kept safe wherever they are located.
Why use them?
- Feedback from universities and colleges already using the Diplomat™ revealed using this system has allowed staff and students to have access to devices outside of regular library opening hours, providing 24/7 access.
- Removing the manual operation of loaning devices enables staff more time to interact and support students.
- With the interactive user interface, lending a laptop is quick and straightforward.
- The Diplomat™ can work alongside an existing library management system (LMS) or work standalone using our own SOLO™ database and application.
What problems would it solve?
- Automated and quick device loans – One of the many
features of using the Diplomat™ self-service lockers is the integration of our inbuilt charging system. By loaning via ‘best-charged’ device, you guarantee the maximum number of loans from the pool of devices, in the quickest possible time.
- Full inclusion for all students – When personal laptops are used in an educational environment, it can sometimes disadvantage those students who may not be able to afford the latest technology. However, the self-service lockers enable inclusion for all students, allowing them to work in their own study time, either alone or in study groups.
- Saves valuable time – Using lockers with data transfer saves time for your IT admin staff as they can manage their upgrades or downloads to all devices from a remote location.
Find out more about LapSafe®: www.lapsafe.com