Research suggests that online learning has proved to increase the retention of information and take less time, meaning the changes coronavirus has caused might be here to stay. Even though many educational institutions have gone back to normal, they are still relying on the internet and e-learning. With all this happening, many countries have started imposing regulations for internet usage for educational institutions, such as the Children’s Internet Protection Act (CIPA), in order to keep both students and teachers safe and help them have the best experience without being worried about anything but learning.
Schools or libraries that are eligible to receive discounts for telecommunications, internet access or internal connections through the E-rate program (Universal Service Program for Schools and Libraries) must certify they have an internet safety policy that blocks or filters access to pictures that are obscene, child pornography, or harmful to minors. While CIPA is helping to prevent students from accessing inappropriate content, that isn’t the only threat students or staff can face.
There are many cyberthreats that can harm both students and the educational institution itself, such as malware, ransomware, phishing, botnets, and many others. And here comes our service: SafeDNS provides an “all in one” service.
SafeDNS has protected more than 4000 educational institutions in the past 10 years.
Integrating SafeDNS to your internet connection would grant the following:
- Compliance with regulations such as CIPA and IWF
- Content filtering for students, keeping them away from unwanted content/websites
- … as well as time wasters such as games, social media and Netflix, to help them focus on the educational content only
- Protection to the educational institution against losing any data
- Monitoring of internet usage with different profiles for staff and students.
Nowadays SafeDNS isn’t the only provider of those features on the market, but the reasons to choose SafeDNS are:
- Affordability: SafeDNS understands that most educational institutions always have budget limits, which is why SafeDNS offers the most affordable pricing for the education sectors.
- Easy deployment and management: to integrate and run SafeDNS, there are no hardware requirements, the service can be integrated in a matter of minutes and requires no IT background to setup and run.
- 24/7 professional and friendly support: our support will be more than happy to answer all of your questions and help you with the service integration.
Visit www.safedns.com for more information.