Now in its sixth year, the National Clearing Survey (NCS) is the only student survey to focus solely on the Clearing process, allowing student marketers to understand the motivations and behaviours of students applying directly to university. Best of all: it’s free to take part.
Since it was launched six years ago, we have partnered with over 100 higher education institutions, surveyed over 20,000 students and collected millions of qualitative data points to create the Clearing audience personas that are now considered the sector standards, forming the backbone of hundreds of student marketing strategies.
Covid-19 has had a huge impact on the higher education landscape, but no one knows what effect this will have on enrolment numbers, either via Clearing or traditional application routes. But we do have some insight to share with you. Direct applicants through Clearing doubled last year, and our research since then has shown that 38% of prospective undergraduate students are considering applying through Clearing this year. So it’s time to get ready. If students are going to act on their plans, you need to make sure you’re ahead of the game to attract and convert those students who are hoping to switch.
For the past five years the National Clearing Survey has been an essential part of my marketing and recruitment planning – Marketing director, Russell Group university
There’s more you can do, too. Last year’s NCS showed that 46% of students felt nervous going through the Clearing process, so make sure you’ve lined up channels and messages suitable for every type of applicant. We also found that 73% of students preferred phone calls to live chat functions, so don’t neglect traditional, more nurturing, methods of communication in your rush to embrace the latest tech.
Ready to take part? It’s free of charge, and will ensure your Clearing marketing plans and decisions are truly grounded in understanding your students.
Plus, you’ll get:
- A survey to share with your 2020 Clearing students
- Anonymised, raw data for your institution, allowing you to benchmark the actions of your Clearing students with the average findings
- An invitation to an exclusive preview event where you’ll hear the key insights and strategic recommendations before the report is published, direct from the report writers, as well as the chance to network with other higher education marketing professionals
- A copy of the report before non-participant institutions
- Entry into a prize draw for all your students who take part
- The chance to make the Clearing process easier and smoother for your students
Visit www.nationalclearingsurvey.com to sign up for this year’s survey, and download last year’s report
And if you’d like to know more about our research services, and take the guesswork out of your marketing with our unique student engagement opportunities, get in touch with us today at www.natives.group