The Higher Education Show will bring together over 1,000 higher education professionals to help them deliver the best student experience, highest quality teaching, better research outcomes, putting students at the heart of higher education.
Following the recent release of the Higher Education White Paper, now more than ever, the show is a must-attend event for the sector, looking at how it will affect the day-to-day management of universities in the future.
From Office for Students being created, through to the way universities will be assessed and how it relates to their fees, the White Paper will give more power to the students than ever before. The government are hoping that this will help create a more competitive market, meaning that universities will need to deliver best student experience, highest quality teaching and better research outcomes to compete globally. That’s where the Higher Education Show comes in.
The agenda covers 4 main themes to achieve the above – student experience; marketing and admissions; facilities and technology; and research and collaboration.
Each of the above themes feature in the main conference, and are also each supported by an open theatre.
The main conference will be chaired by Sir Robert Worcester, Founder of MORI and a former Chancellor of the University of Kent. The morning will review the HE White Paper, looking at key changes such as progress of the TEF and OfS. Other speakers include HEFCE, the Higher Education Academy, Higher Education Statistics Agency, GuildHE, GREAT Britain Campaign, UK Higher Education International Unit, Universities UK and many more.
You can explore the agenda for the main conference here, and each of the 4 theatres below:
- Student experience: understanding student choice in a global context
- Marketing and admissions: positioning your institution’s global presence
- Facilities and technology: state-of-the-art estates and world-class tech – making facilities a USP
- Research and collaboration: connecting international investors to local growth
- Sarah Howls, Head of Student Opportunity, HEFCE
- Dr Joe Marshall, Chief Operating Officer, NATIONAL CENTRE FOR UNIVERSITIES AND BUSINESS
- Chris Hale, Director of Policy,UNIVERSITIES UK
- Vivienne Stern, Director,UK HIGHER EDUCATION INTERNATIONAL UNIT
- Conrad Bird, Director of the GREAT Britain campaign, PRIME MINISTER’S OFFICE & CABINET OFFICE COMMUNICATIONS
- Maddalaine Ansell, Chief Executive, UNIVERSITY ALLIANCE
View the full speaker list here.
The Show is free for all higher education professionals and the wider public sector. For more information visit www.he-show.co.uk. If you have any questions, feel free to contact the event’s team on 0203 770 6552 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Higher Education Show will take place on 11 October 2016 in London.