Last year, Ascent Events, in collaboration with Trevor Payne the Director of Estates from the University of Birmingham, organised and ran the second University and Healthcare Estates and Innovation event (UHEI) at the University of Birmingham. The event was a resounding success, taking place over two consecutive days – culminating in a well-supported gala dinner. The feedback from speakers, sponsors and delegates was so positive that Ascent events have decided to launch an additional one-day UHEI event in London on 5 July, to be held at Chelsea Football Club in Fulham.
This timely and highly relevant conference will address a broad range of topical estates and facilities issues that are relevant for estates professionals from NHS Healthcare Trusts as well as universities, and will provide delegates with an unparalleled insight into both perspectives. The UHEI event encourages the Estate Directors of the NHS and the universities to meet, collaborate and to share best-practice and innovations. The conference is also supported by an exhibition featuring leading providers and suppliers to both sectors. The standard of this event is so high primarily due to the calibre of delegates that it attracts, and the standard of exhibitors. Ascent events have worked diligently to put together an agenda of topics for discussion that are both relevant and interesting.
Confirmed speakers include:
– Peter Birch Engineering Services Manager – University of Liverpool
– Paul Fitzpatrick Director of Estates & Facilities – Aintree University Hospitals NHS FT
– Claire Hennessy Head of Operational Estates and Facilities Services – Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
– Mark Bristow Project Manager – Oxford University Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust
– Harriet Waters Head of Environmental Sustainability Estates Services – University of Oxford
– Peter Masonbrook Associate Director Supply Chain – Faithful+Gould Ltd
– Fiona Daly Sustainability Lead – NHS Improvement
– Paul Allsopp Managing Director – The Agile Organisation
– Richard Dorey Sales Director – Smart Networked Environments (SmartNE) Ltd
– Elspeth Grant Triple A Consult
– Mark Paget Skelin Partner Real Estate – Capsticks Solicitors LLP
Creating safe, supportive and compliant environments and positive experiences for NHS Trust or University sites is challenging and demanding. That is why the UHEI 2018 Exhibition and Conference is one event you cannot afford to miss. You will need the right products, the correct information, the most innovative ideas, up-to-date solutions and access to a supportive network. This event provides all this and more – all under one roof. UHEI 2018 is an excellent networking experience offering targeted access to peers from both the NHS and higher education and is uniquely placed as the only event to seek to bring both sectors together.
There is a structured programme of presentations and discussions based on a range of topical and timely themes which are integral to the smooth running of both NHS and University Trusts. Each presentation will promote a viewpoint from both sectors and allow for extensive audience participation in Q&A sessions – including:
– Why should your organisation consider implementing agile working?
– Smart indoor mapping solutions
– Grenfell fire – lessons learned and how to avoid another disaster
– Maximising the use of the estate – unlocking the profit potential of the estate
– Dealing with major contractor default
– Green travel plans
– Space management for a smarter workplace
– Commercialising the estate
– PFI – more than just a construction and service provider
– Succession planning and developing capacity – building the estates team
UHEI 2018 Exhibition and Conference takes place on Thursday 5 July at Chelsea Football Club, Fulham Rd, London. To see the full event programme, go to www.ascentevents.co.uk