Edudata Summit is a conference organised by QS Quacquarelli Symonds, known for its World University Rankings. It focuses on the opportunities and challenges of the use of data and analytics, and its impact on higher education. This year’s summit will take place in Boston at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT) campus on June 18th & 19th.
During the summit, attendees will:
– Meet over 40 speakers from world-class universities, sharing best practices on institutional data management and usage. They include featured speaker Alex “Sandy” Pentland, one of the most-cited scientists in the world; Forbes recently declared him one of the ‘seven most powerful data scientists in the world’
– Learn how to get the most business value from their data, helping universities to become more innovative, competitive, data-driven organisations.
– Join the Welcome Reception Cocktail taking place at the MIT Museum, and the Networking Gala Dinner providing opportunities to connect with more than 300 delegates from over 120 institutions
– Get a free guided-tour around the MIT campus, given by a representative of the university
QS Rankings Summit
For those wanting a rankings experience, the QS Rankings Summit will be held straight after the EduData Summit, on June 20th. The interactive workshop will cover areas directly benefitting institutional performance, reflected in the QS rankings.
During the day, participants will:
– Analyze and discuss the role of university rankings in higher education
– Gain comprehensive insights about the methodologies used to create the QS Rankings
– Receive advice and learn best practices from industry experts on how to maximize their institution’ s potential with the QS methodologies
– Gain better knowledge and understanding on how to improve their university’s performance
As an added benefit, interested delegates can schedule 30-minute, one-to-one complementary consultations with QS’ senior team of data analysts and rankings experts. The session will give delegates:
– Thorough insights into their current rankings
– Comprehensive and practical advice on understanding what the rankings data is telling QS
– Insights that can help to improve performance strategy
Attendees at the EduData Summit are slated to include MIT, the University of Harvard, Columbia University, the Group of Eight, and many more.
Sessions to boost knowledge in the use of data and analytics will include:
Among the speakers sharing experiences and knowledge will be:
– Erin Driver-Linn, Director of the Harvard Initiative for Learning and Analytics, Harvard University
– Justin Reich, Director of Teaching Systems Lab, MIT
– Alex Usher, President, Higher Education Strategy Associates
– Dr. Barbara Brittingham, President, Commission on Institutions of Higher Education (CIHE), United States
To learn more about the conference, please visit www.edudatasummit.com. Register now to benefit from early-bird discounts.