Budgeting season is quickly approaching. Energy and utilities are a significant portion of a university’s expenditure, especially for a campus with geographically dispersed buildings and possibly over many locations.
But, how much energy is consumed during the day or the year, and at what price? Typically, there’s little visibility into usage, costs, real-time consumption and lack of specific historic information which can make it difficult to plan and forecast usage.
Knowledge-based decision-making by COSMO PSIM+ can help you understand the active and passive energy activity and provide efficiency information on one or more screens. With the ability to choose from a variety of consultative dashboards, the administrator can investigate in greater detail, thereby providing valuable insights into where power savings could be made.
Here’s our line-up of best practices collected from successful implementations and industry experts:
Start with a self-audit
– List all the energy needs (power, gas and water) of your estate
– Collect information about your energy sources
“COSMO PSIM+ can be effortlessly used to collect real-time statistical data from disparate devices and locations, managing them in an intuitive user interface.”
Know what data you need
– Define what devices will be the source of your data inputs
– Install power metering and monitoring units, connecting them to the network
Get it all in one place
– Simply configure your user screens to display the information that you need. Using energy responsibly is an ongoing process and COSMO PSIM+ can help in identifying energy-saving opportunities through a simple and easy-to-use single interface
View, monitor and automate
– Accurate monitoring of your energy usage – in real time – allows the administrator to have the ability to rapidly take informed and data-driven actions, e.g. remotely turn ON or OFF appliances, schedule tasks and automate actions
In conclusion, COSMO PSIM+ can be effortlessly used to collect real-time statistical data from disparate devices and locations, managing them in an intuitive user interface, which operators of differing abilities can comfortably use.
To learn more, visit www.cosmonautasoftware.com