The award-winning, cloud-based system Pi offers a broad suite of purpose-built modules, which have been designed to empower and delight finance, procurement and catering teams so that they can work smarter and more efficiently.
The system provides full visibility, control and a consistent picture of your catering operation and its impact on finances, at any time, without any manual input.
Designed in-house, utilising the latest techniques in web technology, Pi is powerful, flexible and easy to use. On top of this, its developers at Pelican provide unparalleled back-up. Our dedicated support team is available to you to help you every step of the way.
Benefits of Pi
- Designed for procurement, catering, operations and finance teams
- Provides total visibility and a single source of correct information across your operation
- No need for manual input – data is received directly from suppliers
- Catalogue, price-lists and supplier data are managed and maintained by Pelican
- A friendly, modern interface ensures a great user experience
- Designed for desktop, laptop, tablets and phone use
- Built from the ground-up and developed by our in-house team
- Full training and on-going support included
The Pi modules
- Online ordering
- Book-in deliveries
- Invoice management
- Menu & allergen management
- Stock control & waste management
- Budget management
“A huge advantage for us is that now, with Pi, we have essentially reduced the burden of manually processing 18,000 individual invoices a year, down to just 12 to Pelican, and they manage the payments to our supply chain. We have seen a significant reduction in administrative burdens and have been able to redeploy the team of six people into different areas of the business. We have seen a substantial saving in ‘people hours’.” Nic Mander, director of catering at the University of Birmingham
“Using the Pi system means I can be far more precise at determining costs for commercial activities as well as our internal charges. Having the visibility of what is being spent where means I am able to do this. With Pi, I now have a far more strategic view on our food procurement than ever before.” Rahele Mirnateghi, domestic bursar at St Hugh’s College of the University of Oxford