- The first management committee meeting of the year includes arrangements for April’s conference.
- ASRA gets camera ready for Campuslife to film the conference promo and opening videos.
- We presented at an Inside Government Forum in London: ‘Effectively Addressing and Resolving Student Complaints
- in HE’.
- NESHA (North East Student Housing Awards) announced their judging panel and ASRA was invited to participate for the first time.
- A round table discussion for Insiders magazine in Leeds once again raises ASRA’s profile.
- Conference preparations step up a gear with bookings coming in from members all across the organisation.
- Regional reps look at confirming details for regional meetings in May/June.
- UUK Governance board meeting in London.
- A meeting of the British Property Federation Student Accommodation Board, the membership of which includes private providers, Unipol, CUBO and now ASRA.
- A meeting with MPs at Portcullis House discusses the role of PBSAs and the effect these can have on cities throughout the country.
- ANUK Committee of Management meeting.
- It’s all about Conference in April.
- In 2016 we were really excited to be taking the event to Northern Ireland for the first time. The event was extremely well attended and the feedback was excellent. We are looking forward to April 2017 when we will be heading to Brighton.
- HEEAF (Higher Education Estates Association Forum) meeting, including colleagues the university sector. We are all involved in a good practice ‘Construction Toolkit’ for HE professionals– our input was ‘The options for building student accommodation’.
- The NESHA judging pack arrived and it was so exciting to see all the talent in our sector.
- The first regional meetings took place in May/June.
- British property Federation Student Accommodation Committee meeting.
- ASRA conference subcommittee and management meeting where we welcomed our new Officers and Regional reps: Secretary Alison Spencer, Training Officer Einita Sohal, Events Officer Lynn Wingate, New regional representatives for South West Neil Harrison, Wales Tom Bates and North Rebecca O’Hare.
- Extra ANUK meeting.
- ASRA communications sub committee meets about our new website.
- The ASRA Chair attended a conference in Durham entitled ‘Universities and Communities’. This was a great event that gave the opportunity for residents throughout the country to air their views about the effect that student communities have on their lives.
- The new ASRA website begins to take shape with lots of work ongoing.
- It’s all about results and allocations: busy, busy, busy!
- British Property Federation student committee: topics covered included iPlayers and changes to TV licensing, council tax, planning processes for PBSAs priorities for the group for 2017.
- UUK Governance Board meeting: there has been work on a new website and an online training tool for staff who are involved in the audit process.
- ASRA took part in a Radio 4 consumer affairs programme You and Yours. ASRA’s previous chair Mike Ball stepped up to help represent ASRA.
- Regional reps work on confirming details for the regional meetings in November and December.
- Our last Asra management meeting of the year. Preparations are well advanced for the next conference which will be in Brighton.
- We also met with colleagues from ACUHO-I who gave the management team a presentation on how we can work more closely together.
- Launch plans for our website are finalised.
- HEEAF meeting.
- ANUK CoM meeting.
- Joint codes conference in November which is always an interesting and well attended event.
- The last BPF Committee meeting of the year.