Introducing Cyclehoop’s latest product – the Container Cycle Hub
The original container has been modified to fit space saving secure sliding gates with perforated panels that allow natural light inside while reducing the visibility of the bicycles from the outside for security
Introducing Cyclehoop’s latest offering, the Container Cycle Hub. Cyclehoop has transformed a high cube single use shipping container into a highly functional and unique cycle hub for 24 bikes with secure sliding doors. The first Container Cycle Hub was dropped on site in February 2019 at Waltham Forest Council’s offices providing its staff with much needed secure cycle parking.
What is great about the Container Cycle Hub is that it can be installed in less than a day. It is fully built off site and dropped off using a lorry with a crane, making installation significantly quicker than traditional cycle hubs. The Container Cycle Hub can also be easily relocated should cycle parking demand change.
A key feature of this product is the high security gate. The original container has been modified to fit space saving secure sliding gates with perforated panels that allow natural light inside while reducing the visibility of the bicycles from the outside for security. The sliding gates are opened using a mechanical code lock, with electronic options available, facilitating keyless access.
Cyclehoop has installed its space- saving gas-assisted V10 Two Tier racks. This ensures the footprint is being used to its maximum potential, providing twice the amount of cycle parking compared to standard Sheffield Stands.
Internally, the Container Cycle Hub features motion sensor lights that are powered by solar panels fitted on the roof. These charge a large battery system enabling the lighting to operate throughout the year making this hub 100 per cent self-sufficient.
Mobile and quick to install
• The Container Cycle Hub can be installed in less than a day. It is fully built off site and dropped off using a lorry with a crane making installation significantly quicker and cheaper than traditional cycle hubs or shelters
• The Container Cycle Hub can also be easily relocated should cycle parking demand change, something that would not be possible with traditional cycle hubs or shelters
• Every year an average of six million containers enter the UK, most of which are single use
• Reusing a shipping container as a temporary and portable structure reduces construction waste. It prevents the use of bricks and cement, which are a major source of CO2. As well as this, it has saved 2,100 kilogrammes of steel (the weight of the container)
• Shipping containers are designedto endure rough and unpredictable weather conditions and to last 25 years on the seas. This makes it the ideal structure for protecting bicycles from the rain and wind
In addition, users of the hub can make use of the free bike pump and tool stand which have been attached to the side of the container, so they can make quick repairs and keep their tyres pumped while on the go.
Sustainable thinking through design is at the core of Cyclehoop’s values. Its products are designed with a view of unlocking existing and redundant spaces to create accessible cycle parking. Repurposing a shipping container into secure cycle parking is a perfect representation of these values and comes with a range of benefits.
At Cyclehoop, we love to use innovative design to create infrastructure solutions for people who cycle. We are constantly working to find and create products that are easy and quick to install, without losing the integrity of the design. The Container Cycle Hub is a great example of this value and we hope to see this model repeated across the UK.
For enquiries about this product, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
To find out more about how we are creating inspirational solutions, visit: www.cyclehoop.com